We'll be led by Terri's insights and look forward to artists contributing with their lived experiences in a meaningful discussion.
To take part please email: email@example.com by 1st October.
Prompts to think about:
• What are your experiences of trauma, and how are they expressed through your artwork?
• Does trauma ever hinder the creative process?
• What is your hidden language as an artist?
• Is trauma a universal phenomenon or contained within selective experiences?
• Are triggers indicative that trauma is still present or simply we react as humans?
• Are there layers of depth when exploring trauma in art?
• Are quotes like 'art should comfort the disturbed, and disturb the comfortable' an accurate portrayal when looked in relation to trauma and art?
• Does culture impact how trauma is explored through art?
• What does healing through trauma look like in art?
• As an artist, how would you identify the completion of the healing process?
• The role of the artist in helping others to heal through trauma.